Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Two stroke motor without ENGINE OIL???

on 10/17/2007 3:30 PM SteveB said the following:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

Steve Barker LT wrote:

...[top posting repaired]...

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

I see that you have the explanation how they work. I apologize for
the 'rtfm' comment. Thinking back I was in the same position when
someone told me that diesel engines don't have spark plugs...well, not
after they are running at least.

Harry K

They don't have spark plugs before they are running either.

He's referring to glow plugs for starting, obviously...

--

But, technically, he's right. And since we must accept everything EXACTLY
as it is written, with no allowance for common sense, colloquialisms, or

I just wish we could get back to a time when everything didn't have to be so
damn exact. And netnannyism wasn't so many people's hobby.

Steve

Like clueless people making typos for 4" when it was obvious that 4' was
meant, and Fahrenheit for Celsius, when one responder was using one and
another was using the other?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY