Posted to atl.general,alt.home.repair
Phil-In-Mich. Phil-In-Mich. is offline

Default A big thanks to Georgia Power

I finally called Georgia Power's engineering department to
come change my household power line.

So I phoned in to GP and passed along my problems to the engineering
section. They came out and replaced the wire, which was the original
1950s cloth-covered copper wire. They also replaced the neutral wire
anchor on the side of the house, which they said was the culprit. It
had become corroded and loose over the years, and this made the system
prone to surges, they said.
{snip}
So I'm hoping this will be the end of my surge problems. There was no
charge, since this was all on GP's side of wall. .

Real glad your local utility did your home up right.

However, ahm-a, Am I the only one that feels that expending the major
effort of getting through to the 'Engineering' dept, getting them to send a
crew out to the customer's site, and repair the utility equipment is so
AMAZING (and maybe unusual) that it actually rates a BIG GLOAT on a
newsgroup? Is there a message in this?

Phil