Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Two stroke motor without ENGINE OIL???

On Oct 17, 7:24 am, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:
They don't have spark plugs before they are running either.

"Harry K" wrote in message

ups.com...

I see that you have the explanation how they work. I apologize for
the 'rtfm' comment. Thinking back I was in the same position when
someone told me that diesel engines don't have spark plugs...well, not
after they are running at least.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

Oh? Never saw the older ones? International TD series had a full
gas system that they started on, carb, plugs, everything, using the
same engine. Cat used a gas pony engine. I spent enough hours
cranking them. Don't know how far they went before the glow plug
system came into use.

Harry K