Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:35:25 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

I hadn't even thought about planing.. have to see if it just needs sanding or if
the planer would be a good idea first..

I ended up planing it, both to get rid of some deep cuts and because
of a couple cracks between boards were starting to widen. I had to
cut the board down to get it through the planer anyhow, I simply cut
it apart at the cracks, planed it to uniform thickness and reglued.
You can't tell there were ever any problems.