Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

I remember reading some of those studies years ago. University of
Wisconsin comes to mind, but memory may have faded.

Conclusion was that while all cutting boards can have bacteria after
use, the manmade materials would continue to allow bacteria growth,
while something about wood inhibits the growth and time would take
care of any residual critters.

Like Robert, I prefer wood but that's just "because". I am surprised at the
results you quote above. I would have thought exactly the opposite to be
true. In fact, I might even say "are you sure?..."

--

-Mike-