Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Cleanup after tapping AL

Bill Schwab wrote:

I am wondering whether pipe cleaners might be a good tool for this??? I
do not have any, but from a quick scan of the web, crafts stores look
like the best bet.

Never tried it, but it sounds like a VERY good idea! Crafts
stores definitely do have them. I think I am going to pick
some up and try them out.

Sadly, I am using "mystery oil" (10W30??) from a cheap oil can that I
filled a long time ago. I use it for things between light oil and
Vactra, which lives in the best working oiler I have on hand.

Gee, you DON'T want a lubricant for tapping, the idea is to let
the edge CUT the metal. Tapping formulas are made to help that
happen.

Jon