Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rumble[_3_] Rumble[_3_] is offline

Default Timed light switching query

Franko wrote:
Hi all,
I installed a remote controlled automatic sliding gate last year which has a
240v output feed for a courtesy light which is latched on for approx 15
minutes after operation of the gate, either closing or opening.
I have bought myself a couple of bulkhead lights to connect up to this but
the missus wants them wired up so that they only operate during the hours of
darkness.
Can anyone please give me some advice as to the best possible way to do
this.
Thanks for any input,

Franko.

Listen to Owain, he's got the best solution. I agree that for best
results, the dusk/dawn sensor needs to be permanently powered.

Or, you could hack the gate controller box. If the gate controller box
has a relay for the courtesy light, then just feed this relay from the
switched live on a dusk/dawn sensor and connect your courtesy light as
normal.