Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
petrus bitbyter petrus bitbyter is offline

Default Where's the benefit...

"John Popelish" schreef in bericht
. ..
Jim Thompson wrote:
Where's the benefit to our country when a Democratic-Party-dominated
Congress is trying to pass a bill chastising the Turks for Armenian
"genocide" that occurred in 1915... NINETY-TWO YEARS AGO?

The answer... NONE!

(snip)

It is an invitation for them to pass a similar statement about our
genocide of the Amerinds. We need to admit this, but cannot bring
ourselves to do it, so we are motivating them to do it for us. The
difference between their genocide and ours, is that their present
government was not responsible but ours was.

A more important difference is that a US judge/jury will not condemn you for
admitting, the Turkish will do. (Or did so till very recently.) Nevertheless
I also ask what reasons a US Congress has to pass a bill about another
country internal affairs. If Turkish politicians lie about it, so what? They
might have learned from their US colleagues. So they better concentrate on
the human rights like freedom of press. Not in a US law but by diplomacy in
foreign affairs.

petrus bitbyter