Posted to atl.general,alt.home.repair
The Sanity Inspector The Sanity Inspector is offline

Default A big thanks to Georgia Power

On Oct 17, 7:26 am, "Bill" wrote:
I would also get surge suppressor power strips for everything electronic. If
your furnace plugs into a regular outlet, put one there as well. These may
only work with a 3 prong grounded outlet.

You can also get a "whole house surge suppressor" which is installed in your
main electric panel by an electrician. I have both whole house AND surge
power strips for everything electronic. Never had a problem.

Surges can come from other sources than the wiring they fixed. Each time the
power blips on/off, there can be a surge. Or a neighbor can short out an
outlet and this can cause a surge at your house. Etc.
charge, since this was all on GP's side of wall. If you've been

Perversely enough, my computer's battery backup/surge protector was
one of the items that got fried this past time. I've had a couple of
people suggest the whole house surge suppressor, so I'll definitely
look into it. Thanks!

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.