Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Tv Antenna question

wrote:

I just put a rotor on my tv antenna. I forgot to look what direction
I had the antenna pointed before I took it off the mast. The rotor
manual says to point it North when I install it. My question is which
end should point North? The antanna (like all of them) are shaped
like and arrow (the long bars form the arrow), and it has a tail (the
real short bars which form a wedge). Should the "arrow" (long bars)
point north, or the tail? In other words, which end should point to
the station I want to receive?

Thanks
Alvin

Hi,
On multi element antenna short element is called director(front side)
and long one is reflector(back side). Director side should point to
North which is reference bearing. Set the rotor to North and mount the
antenna pointing North. In your reference tail should point North.