Posted to alt.home.repair
TKM TKM is offline

Default Tv Antenna question

The section of the antenna with the short bars should point toward the TV
transmitter. The long bars are reflectors which, as the name suggests,
reflect bits of the signal back to the "front" of the antenna.

TKM

wrote in message
I just put a rotor on my tv antenna. I forgot to look what direction
I had the antenna pointed before I took it off the mast. The rotor
manual says to point it North when I install it. My question is which
end should point North? The antanna (like all of them) are shaped
like and arrow (the long bars form the arrow), and it has a tail (the
real short bars which form a wedge). Should the "arrow" (long bars)
point north, or the tail? In other words, which end should point to
the station I want to receive?

Thanks
Alvin