Ian Clowes

Default Corgi registered or not..?

Andy Hall wrote:

His additional advice, if I was prepared to settle at the figure, was
to offer to settle at a figure just under £5000 (e.g. £4995), and to
pay the difference to reduce the outstanding balance to this figure.
The strategy behind this is that this is the break point where a claim
would be heard in the Small Claims Division rather than in full court.
Any solicitor will know this and it's virtually a coded message that
one understands the game.

Hi Andy

Just to clarify the aim here...

They still want money. Are you saying that since its under £5000 it will
only be heard in the SCD if they sue for it? I thought their solicitor
could ask for it to be heard in the full court?

IanC