Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Want to build an amp

OK, maybe I won't bother then. It's a shame though, coz there were some
good
people on there, and I used to enjoy the discussions even when they
reached the 'heated exchange' level, but I couldn't be doing with the
endless descent of threads into moronic profanity-slinging and
violence-promising matches. I also never really understood Phil. He is
clearly a clever bloke in the field during his lucid times. I have seen
very valid replies to posters' questions, with a level of technical
content which demonstrates this fact. It can go on for several replies
over a week or so, and then suddenly, something often undetectable sets
light to him, and it's as though he is a completely different person. It's
very strange ... Still, takes all sorts, I guess. So what are you up to
for a job now ? What was winding you up about Monday ?

Probably an alcoholic. I've dealt with a few of those in other groups I'm
in. From time to time they'll be valuable contributors, but then they'll go
off on some drunken rant that leaves everyone wondering what's going on.