Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Totally OT Ford attempts to dazzle the customer

On Oct 17, 12:20 am, "Leon" wrote:
Tom Veatch wrote in message

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:33:11 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Tongue-in-cheek? Satire? A gentle tug on the leg? Or something else.
Whatever it is, you can bet that's not a serious report. If nothing
else about it is a clue, this statement makes the report preposterous:

"... the company will save millions of dollars by paying workers on
the man-powered assembly lines-once considered a revolutionary
breakthrough-wages at 1911 rates. ..."

TheOnion.com is the tongue in cheek give away. A newspaper version of SNL.

Ford has however renamed 2 different vehicles with the Taurus name.

I remember a Zephyr being an absolute piece of crap. Now it's a hoity-
toity Lincoln.
The name Vauxhall and Firenza bring back some very disturbing
memories. (Ford didn't have an exclusive on name badgering.)
Then there was the Ford Granada from the late 70's..now THAT was a
price winner.
The European Ford Grenada was a great car. I rented it there when I
could.
Let's not even begin to talk about such miscarriages as the Bobcat and
Pinto...Ford has come up with trash, I tell ya. ..and..and WHO can
forget that Thunderbird which came in blue with brown straps on the
farking trunk lids...maaaaan what an abomination.
Then there was the GT40, which made it all better....what a nice piece
that was.
I drove a Ford 500 recently and thought it was just fine. I quite
liked it.