Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Plumbing Question

On Oct 16, 5:58 pm, Dottie wrote:
The commode in my bathroom has started running again ... it will just
run a short time, like some of the water has leaked out and it is
topping off. I just put a new flapper in there about a month or so
back ... what else would cause this problem? At the price of water
here I don't want to waste any. Thanks.

The flapper valve may be trying to deal with a corroded out of round
seat, valve seat, that is. The fix would be to replace with a more
complete assembly which could include most of the hardware in the
tank. Drain it, inspect carefully, then look for an assembly
compatible with your unit. Good luck.

Joe