Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default JCPenny Garage Door opener/receiver

If the door works well, it is probably a
good thing to replace the
receiver and transmitters. HD and
others, have a kit available.
When my receiver was hit by lightening,
I bought a kit with 2
code rotating transmitters and a
receiver. It was under $100.

ssylee wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:44 pm, Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Did you try getting the part number or model number of the door opener
in your garage?

Stanley