Posted to alt.home.repair

Default JCPenny Garage Door opener/receiver

I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 16, 1:44 pm, Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Did you try getting the part number or model number of the door opener
in your garage?

Stanley

Posted to alt.home.repair

Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Give these guys a shout and tell them whatever model numbers you can
find on your equipment. Betcha they'll have tramsmitters which will do
the trick.

Odds are your unit was made by Chamberlain, who supplied a lot of the
"chain stores" with their openers.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the door works well, it is probably a
good thing to replace the
receiver and transmitters. HD and
others, have a kit available.
When my receiver was hit by lightening,
I bought a kit with 2
code rotating transmitters and a
receiver. It was under $100.

ssylee wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:44 pm, Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Did you try getting the part number or model number of the door opener
in your garage?

Stanley

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OOps!

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Left out the link:

http://tinyurl.com/ytlp9s

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 16, 3:44 pm, Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

You are assuming that it HAS a remote control. I manage a property
with an opener so old that the wireless receiver was a separate add on
box. We found a kit from Sears (Craftsman) for $60 with two remotes
on ebay,

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are several aftermarket radio transmitters and receiver sets you can
buy to totally replace whatever system was originally there. This one is
more expensive but has a rolling code method to increase security and reduce
the risk of false triggering. There are others for as low as $29 for the
entire set.

http://www.residential-openers.com/liungadooppl1.html

Smarty

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 16, 3:44 pm, Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

You are assuming that it HAS a remote control. I manage a property
with an opener so old that the wireless receiver was a separate add on
box. We found a kit from Sears (Craftsman) for $60 with two remotes
on ebay,

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

I wouldn't spend a whole lot on new controls, especially if you have
kids. All the new ones come with electric eyes to prevent the door
from closing on someone or something as well as automatic reverse if
the door hits something or someone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 16, 4:02 pm, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Left out the link:

http://tinyurl.com/ytlp9s

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Thanks - was wondering which guys you meant ;-)