Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default JCPenny Garage Door opener/receiver

Firas wrote:
I just moved into a house which has an automatic garage door opener
installed. However the previous owners did not leave any of the
controllers/clickers. The receiver is from JC Penny and my guess is it
is at least 30 years old. It works fine so I would have to replace it,
but I would like to have the ability to open the door from outside.
Any suggestions on how to find the frequency so I can buy a new
clicker? JCPenny doesnt carry this type of equipment as far as I can
tell.

Give these guys a shout and tell them whatever model numbers you can
find on your equipment. Betcha they'll have tramsmitters which will do
the trick.

Odds are your unit was made by Chamberlain, who supplied a lot of the
"chain stores" with their openers.

HTH,

Jeff

--