Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko Franko is offline

Default Timed light switching query

"Owain" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:
the instruction sheets for them are downloadable, I'd go for the
"dumbest" one avalable, I notice that some of them need to stay on for a
a full night's cycle to "gauge" the darkness levels when they are first
reset, you don't want one that thinks it's been reset everytime you power
it up by opening the gate, I've only used a combined PIR/dusk sensor, but
that's generally left powered on ...

I think simplest way is to take a permanent live to a photocell, and use
the switched output from the photocell through a relay contact to the
lights. The relay coil operated by the switched output from the gates.

Owain

I think I can see what you mean in theory Owain but do you mean a seperate
relay switched by the photocell or a relay built into the photocell ?
Please excuse my ignorance on this matter and could you explain in a little
more detail,
thanks,
Franko