Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timed light switching query

On 16/10/2007 19:59, Franko wrote:

as I have never used standalone sensors before, I'm a bit flummoxed - do you
think that any of these would be more suitable than the other for my
application, i.e. instant power to my lights during the hours of darkness ?

the instruction sheets for them are downloadable, I'd go for the
"dumbest" one avalable, I notice that some of them need to stay on for a
a full night's cycle to "gauge" the darkness levels when they are first
reset, you don't want one that thinks it's been reset everytime you
power it up by opening the gate, I've only used a combined PIR/dusk
sensor, but that's generally left powered on ...