Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Two stroke motor without ENGINE OIL???

Plus it gives twice as much power for a given size than a four stroke. The
power cycle comes every 2 strokes instead of every 4.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
newsp4Ri.1886$pl2.1423@trndny09...

"Ignoramus1841" wrote in message
I recently bought a Echo PB-755 Backpack Blower to blow leaves in my
yard.

I am very puzzled by it. It is a 2 stroke engine. Takes 50:1 oil.

There is no separate tank/port/opening for engine oil.

The manual has not a single word mention of engine oil (like 10w30 or
whatever).

So, all indications are that this engine needs no oil.

I can hardly believe this as all gas engines I have seen so far needed
engine oil.

Is my conclusion that the engine needs no oil, correct?

Correct. Do a Google search on 2 stroke engines and see how they operate.
The oil mixed with the gas does the lubrication. There was a time
(1950's?) that Saab made cars with 2 strokes engines too.

The advantage of 2 stroke is cheap to make, small, can be operated when
not level.