Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

** Frank ** wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:58:24 -0500, dpb wrote:

** Frank ** wrote:
Reminders all of why to _NOT_ be in the rental business...

The positive side is seeing property values double every seven years ...
Maybe, maybe not...

Not in today's market! :-\

Not in today's market if purchased high and flip now, but the above is my
long term investment average since 1975 including markets like today's.
Doubling every seven years translates to about 10% average appreciation
which is no big deal until you factor leverage into it. I think the national
average is around 8% long term.

If you want to do this well in today's market right now, look into
commercial properties which is not in lockstep with the residential
downturn. It also has a better positive cash flow than single family units.

Ain't enough money in the world to get me to be involved in rental
property if I had to do _anything_ on the maintenance aspect as being
discussed in this thread...