Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko Franko is offline

Default Timed light switching query

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
On 16/10/2007 16:16, Franko wrote:

Hi all,
I installed a remote controlled automatic sliding gate last year which
has a 240v output feed for a courtesy light which is latched on for
approx 15 minutes after operation of the gate, either closing or opening.
I have bought myself a couple of bulkhead lights to connect up to this
but the missus wants them wired up so that they only operate during the
hours of darkness.

take the courtesy light output of the gate controller and feed it to a
dusk sensor, e.g.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ERPEC1000.html
then run the light(s) from that

Thanks for the replies but the line in the description of this sensor
"Pre-calibrated to allow for a 10 minute warming up period for sodium or
mercury lighting" leads me to believe that it wouldn't work quickly enough
to switch on the bulkhead lamps immediately the feed becomes live ...or am I
missing some point ?
Cheers,
Franko.