Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:55:14 -0400, "Owen Lawrence"
wrote:

I've been using olive oil. How long before it goes rancid?

Depends on the quality of your oil, the climate and the use the board
gets. If it's a well-scrubbed chopping board (rather than a salad bowl)
then the wear and replenishment rate of the oil might be enough to never
have it happen. I'd still avoid it, in favour of walnut -- it's just a
question of picking the other bottle up from the shelf in the kitchen.