Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:58:24 -0500, dpb wrote:

** Frank ** wrote:
Reminders all of why to _NOT_ be in the rental business...

The positive side is seeing property values double every seven years ...

Maybe, maybe not...

Not in today's market! :-\

--
Oren

Many things affect the market, Oren, and region is one of them. Last year,
Las Vegas was projected to run out of buildable land in the valley. If you
can hold out, things should start to pick up again here next year, ratchet
up for five more, then zoom when land fizzles out in Vegas.

We had our houses for sale, but now plan to continue using them as vacation
rentals, and enjoy the cash flow until the market either picks up enough to
get our price, or really starts jumping more than 8% per year in valuations.
Now we're going to hire a resident manager, and just sit on them. Houses
near Harmon and Sandhill.

Steve