Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

On 2007-10-16, Don Foreman wrote:
wrote:
Ditto copper -- as in brass. Ammo prices have risen accordingly. Mr.
Paulsen at Wells Fargo says there's no reason to think this rise in
commodity prices won't continue for a while.

The value of these pundits' opinion is slightly below zero.

Dr. Paulsen's track record is rather good.

He may be different from others.

Shoulda gone with lead or copper! Greater return in shorter time.

Maybe I should sell my 50 lbs or remelted bullets. Bought a bucket of
bullet fragments from a gun range a few years ago. Spent some good
time melting them. Doubtful I will use them much, at least not as much
as I have.

That reminds me, I got a counterweight from a #5 cinci vertical mill
outside in the back that we scrapped a while ago. The thing must weigh
over 500 lbs. Add that to the 36 volt forklift battery back there and I
have a small fortune in lead.

John