Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:34:35 -0400, Wes wrote:
john wrote:

The Chinese are not paronoid like we are in the US. We treat lead like
U238 uranium because of all the hype from the media. Don't eat lead or
lead paint. Dont eat **** either, neither is too good for you.

38 years of casting lead bullets, loading, and shooting and I'm still here.
Something else is going to kill me first.

Not the point, though. The chinese know that we don't allow lead in our
toys and toothpaste, and they use it in products exported to us anyway.
They've killed our pets by poisoning wheat gluten, by contaminating it
with chemicals to make it test higher in a primitive protein test.
We've gone well past the point of them trading in good faith, and at
this point, they're exploiting the "most favored trade nation status"
that clinton gave them in exchange for those campaign contributions.

I think it's time we revoke the special deals that clinton gave the
chinese. And I _really_ think that, instead of just saying "wups, sorry
about that" and recalling the items they get caught on, the American
companies who import this tainted crap should get fined into oblivion.

Read a book " The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair about the US meat industry
at the turn of the last century. Probably similar to where China is
today. You think that the food you eat that is processed by us companys
is all that good. They put a lot of crap in it that is harmful to you
but the crap hasn't been put on the banned list yet.

The Chinese government is trying to control the safety of its exports,
just like george bush is trying to control the illegal aliens. If
either really crack down and do the proper controls, there will be hell
to pay.

John