Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

Not pouring - one has a billet and rolls and then compresses small cutoffs.
Akin to rolling threads...

Martin :-) When there is a need, there is a tool !
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:03:50 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:00:52 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Lead is at $1.80/lb these days, up from 40 cents a year ago and 20 cents
five years ago.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

What is the problem with world market for this metal?

Suddenly those neurotic hoards of old car batteries in the back yard don't
look so crazy.
You're going to have to put a burglar alarm
on that sailboat keel of yours...

Im gonna have to start using silver or gold for bullets....

Gunner

I believe silver is traditional, Lone Ranger.

But its really really hard to cast bullets out of it. Moulds dont
fill out very well.

BTDT

Gunner

Oh! And stay the hell away from my keel!