Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default How to get rid of a fallen tree that is leaning on another tree?

"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...
I woke up this morning to find a tree in my back yard had broken off
and fell about 6 feet off the stump. It's is buttressed by some high
tree branches of an adjacent tree. It's about a 50 foot tree with no
real width to it just basically a big one foot
diameter log. I need to get it to fall so I can cut it up but it looks
like it's in a pretty secure lean. How can I safely cut this tree down?

Careful, there might be a good deal of stresses stored on those trees. I saw
a logger fell two huge trees at the same time. Incredible, it fell and
landed at the same time and perfectly parallel to each other. He said he
wasn't showing off, just didn't want one tree hung up on another like in
your case.