Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Leon" wrote

I made a maple cutting board/block in 1969 in Jr. High shop class. To
this day my wife uses it every day and it is still just fine, no oil or
finish at all.
I did run it through the planer to flatten it back out about 3 years ago.

I wish I had some of my shop projects from that era. That is a long time

ago.

I still have a wrought iron magazine rack that I designed and made out of
1/8" thick x 1" wide band iron, rivited with 3/8" wide rivits pounded with a
ball peen hammer. I made that the same year.

Just a suggestion, maybe the wife would appreciate a NEW cutting board.

Actually, just before we bought our first house 26 years ago I built her a
roll around Maple butcher block trimmed with Padauk. She prefers the one I
made in school. It is easer to rinse off/clean under the faucet.