Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

mac davis wrote:
I got a call from a friend with a restaurant today, asking if I
could sand and refinish his 2 cutting boards..

They're "several" inches thick and used to have "some shiny stuff"
on them..lol

I'll look at them Friday night but thought I'd get some opinions
here on what to use for a coating/finish on 'em..

I e-did one in our house in the states using a commercial "cutting
board finish"but can't remember what it was, only that it had an
evil lemon smell that my wife hated.. lol

Any suggestions?

(I'm in Mexico, so if it works, that's fine, no EPA here)

Boiled linseed oil. After it dries in a couple of days it is totally
safe. Shiny stuff won't last and mineral oil never dries. BLO won't
last forever either but is sopa de pato to renew.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...