Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

"Jeanette Guire" wrote in message
news
Here is a photo of the latch from a clueless reviewer
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Niko...ompartment.jpg
Here is a photo of the common Nikon engineering flaw the reviewer missed
http://files.myopera.com/mcduret/blog/IMGP0065b.JPG
See how a paperclip & superglue were used to fix Nikon's engineering

flaw
http://www.uthunter.com/images/Nikonfix.jpg
See how a tripod screw & plate were used to fix Nikon's engineering flaw
http://files.myopera.com/mcduret/blog/IMGP0070b.JPG
Here is a photo of how Nikon fixed the flaw themselves
http://www.scaredpoet.com/images/E7600_batterydoor.jpg
Does anyone know how to invoke the Nikon secret warranty?

That's REALLY BAD design. The "tongue in slot" lock is common among digital
cameras, but the slot is usually a molded space within the camera body --
not a fragile plastic loop projecting from it.

I agree -- a reviewer should have caught this and at least warned potential
buyers.