Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:11:45 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Jonathan wrote:

Mike has somehow managed to knacker OE so it doesn't put the quotes
properly, so I've re-inserted them to avoid confusion....

On 14 Oct, 12:12, "Mike" wrote:
"Jonathan" wrote in message

I would need to alter the loft to take the weight of the solar panels too,

I've never come across this - unless your loft is of extremely poor or
degraded construction. OR you may have been looking at a combination
of "old-tech" flat panels AND a weak roof.

Plenty of Victorian era houses wouldn't meet today's building regs.

They, *may*, probably, be alright. ;-))

But a modern trussed roof (As opposed to what builders call a "Proper"
roof) is only designed to support the weight and wind loadings of the
roof itself and the ceiling that hangs from it.

DG