Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
The Real Andy The Real Andy is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:56:18 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:54:45 +1000, The Real Andy
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:12:32 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:26:07 +1000, The Real Andy
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:39:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson

I have been using print servers for many years now for POS printers.
Seen them come and go. If I can offer one piece of advice, go with
dlink. They have been the most reliable units I have used, and trust
me I have seen many thousands go out the door over theyears.

Thousands? Want to exaggerate a bit more for us?

Sure schoolboy. I have worked in hardware and software for only a
short time compared to most here, but i still have 20 odd years on
you.

Thousands is a guess, probably even more.

You must be a true utter retard to have "gone though" "thousands of
network print servers".

LEts see, if I have 2000 sites, and 1 print server per site, that
would be 2000 print servers (thousands)? Correct? Now considering I
have more than 2000 thousand sites, and somes sites have more than 1
print server, then I guess its perfectly sane to say that I have gone
through thousands of print servers.

I have been doing it for more than 20 years, idiot.

I am sure you have..

You probably don't even know what a line printer is.

Actaully, one of my customers still uses line printers.

They also still have a drum printer in their museum. Google it, you
will find out what it is.