Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Siphon Device Needed

Several months ago I stopped at a truck stop to gas up. I was getting
sleepy so I wandered around the store for awhile and I noticed a
siphon pump they were selling to siphon gas (and other liquids). It
was not the old fashioned rubber squeeze bulb with hose, but was a
hose with a small brass cylinder on the end. It said "just move the
hose up and down a few times in the liquid to begin siphoning"
(something like that). The thing sold for around $20.

Now I wish I would have bought one. I run a farm and always have
something that needs to be siphoned. I learned the hard way not to
suck on a hose. Those rubber bulbs seem to crack in a short time, and
dont always work real well.

Does anyone know what I can get, and where? Especially something like
I described. Or, is it possible to make something? I can only assume
this thing contains a one way valve that shoves the liquid up the hose
and begins the siphoning.

Anyone?

Alvin