Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Siphon Device Needed

Several months ago I stopped at a truck stop to gas up. I was getting
sleepy so I wandered around the store for awhile and I noticed a
siphon pump they were selling to siphon gas (and other liquids). It
was not the old fashioned rubber squeeze bulb with hose, but was a
hose with a small brass cylinder on the end. It said "just move the
hose up and down a few times in the liquid to begin siphoning"
(something like that). The thing sold for around $20.

Now I wish I would have bought one. I run a farm and always have
something that needs to be siphoned. I learned the hard way not to
suck on a hose. Those rubber bulbs seem to crack in a short time, and
dont always work real well.

Does anyone know what I can get, and where? Especially something like
I described. Or, is it possible to make something? I can only assume
this thing contains a one way valve that shoves the liquid up the hose
and begins the siphoning.

Anyone?

Alvin
Posted to alt.home.repair

Something like this....
http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Jiggle-...categ ory=613

Barry
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk

Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually, check this out too....
http://www.earthtoys.com/emagazine.p...le=coffee jar

Barry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 3:45 am, wrote:
[...]

If you have enough hose, just push a bunch in the tank, put thumb over
end and pull out some of the hose. Does the same thing.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:04:44 -0700, Harry K
wrote:

On Oct 14, 3:45 am, wrote:
[...]

Hmmmmm......
I'll have to try that. I have a stock tank to drain, and plenty of
garden hoses. I never thought of that....

Thanks

Alvin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:21:34 -0700, "
wrote:

Something like this....
http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Jiggle-...categ ory=613

Barry

Thanks.
That's exactly what I saw at the truck stop.
Too bad it's outside of the US. Ordering things outside the US is
just too much trouble as far as the money conversions and extra costs,
(which I learned the hard way from an ebay transaction).
But since I know the name of the thing, I'll have to google for a US
distributor.

By the way, someone asked why I dont just go back to that truck
stop....
The answer is because I do not recall where it was. I have been on
numerous trips this past summer and can not recall where...

By the way, that coffee can thing looks interesting. I'll have to
play with it.

Alvin

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was doing an experiment with a drinking straw, and the bendy bit
folded down, with your thumb on top pulled out ceates a decent
syphon. Wondering if you could do it with larger consentena (?
spelling ?) hose....

wc siphon bryan Home Repair 5 December 13th 06 11:46 AM
Is it possible to convert an USB wire device to a bluetooth device? Frank Electronics Repair 2 December 2nd 06 02:20 AM
Toilet siphon ron UK diy 1 May 18th 06 01:07 PM
Car 12v to 4.5v resistor circuit needed for low current device [email protected] Electronics 7 November 8th 05 07:11 PM
Serial data device needed Thomas Abell Electronics Repair 3 April 7th 05 10:46 PM