Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

I'm a landlord, own several houses I currently rent. Based on my
experience with Behr brand exterior house paint purchased from Home
Depot, I'll never buy that Behr brand guano or any paint from Home
Depot again!!

I've never understood why people are so willing to pay $40 bucks a gallon
for Ben Moore paint. I've had mediocre results with it, both interior and
exterior.

About 10 years ago, I painted 2 west-facing windows. I finished a can of BM
high gloss latex on one window, and bought a can of Behr high gloss latex
for the other. The latter stood up much better to the elements. Both
windows were prepped identically.

I think it is all about BM Co. marketing and creating a botique image for
their paint. There's nothing special about it.

My only complaint about Behr paint is that their colors suck. Lowes has
much better color collections.