Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR[_2_] JimR[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

"Terry" wrote in message
I have a friend that is splitting his subscription 3 ways.

Direct TV is furnishing him the full package. It runs around 110$ a
month last time we talked about it. Plus he pays $5x3 for the extra
boxes.

He has 2 of the boxes in his house and one at his parents house and
one at his wife's parents house. 3 families split 125 and get
everything.

This is old news to satellite providers. Satellite TV companies do
unannounced phone audits of customers with multiple boxes; if you don't
respond to the audit they shut down your service; if you can't provide data
on all of your boxes they can (will!) stop service to the suspect units --
and you'll never get them back onto the same base plan again.

Sounds like a good way to start up intra-family squabbles.