Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] trytobreak@gmail.com is offline

Default Furnace Problems - Blowing cold air - Please help

Hey guys,

I know nothing about how the furnace or heating work in general, but I
will try to explain my problem and I hope someone will be able to help
me out.

So here we go... I turned on the heating this morning, set it to like
25 degrees celsia, while outside was like 5 above zero and our gas
Furnace (maker: Clare) seemed to go on, but after a little while I
realized it is blowing only a cold air. So I went to basement and
checked the furnace pilot. It was on and burning.

I thought maybe furnace needs to be reset, so I turned off furnace
power switch, waited couple minutes, then turned it back on, but it's
a same problem. Pilot is on, but that coil in the furnace where gas
goes to burn never fires up.

Anyhow, so I checked our air filters and there was a lot of dust on
it... and I mean a lot... so I cleaned it properly, put it back, but
when I turned air filter box on, that little led light doesn't light
up and I can't recall if it did before or not. But before I could
always hear like little sparks from this air filter and now it seems
completely dead.

I wonder if the air filter and the fact that it might be damaged could
somehow affect the furnace itself.

Please tell me what else I can try. I am no longer sure what is going
on. Not sure if I should call a furnace repair man, or electrician or
if there is anything else I can try.

Joe