Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Gas or heat pump in Midwest?

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:da306$470eaf75$9440c41e$6016
@STARBAND.NET:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:41:19 -0400, Steven Andrade
wrote:

Just bought a house that's all electric and has a heat pump for

heating.
Is that a good choice for the Midwest region? We're installing a gas

line
for a
fireplace and I wonder if I shouldn't replace the heat pump with a gas

unit when
it dies. It's 18 years old now so I don't see many more days of life

in
it.

How about the water heater? Gas or electric?

Depends on local rates.

You should have stopped here...

As usual kj offers nothing. Fact is that gas is cheaper than electricity

in
most of the US markets.

You just posted *another* inaccurate reply.
When are you going to get a clue? Or at least some education?