Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:58:35 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"cerberus" wrote in message
. uk...

As far as I see it, they'll refuse any planning application because it is
in breach of the Highway Code to reverse onto a highway and as such could
be construed to be a breach of the Road Traffic Act.

I can't understand why anybody drives into a drive in the first place. It's
easier to reverse in and drive out.

I might have missed something of course ...

Yes...councils will refuse on the grounds that you have to enter *and*
leave in a forwards direction. Failure to have an approved dropped kerb
can lead to criminal charges, and if it's an unapproved one (as opposed
to none) and someone is injured on it, the owner will be liable.

Apart from that, do what you want.

http://www.diybanter.com