Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:58:35 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"cerberus" wrote in message
. uk...

As far as I see it, they'll refuse any planning application because it is
in breach of the Highway Code to reverse onto a highway and as such could
be construed to be a breach of the Road Traffic Act.

I can't understand why anybody drives into a drive in the first place. It's
easier to reverse in and drive out.

I might have missed something of course ...

Mary

I have a kit-car (Lotus 7 style) which has a long bonnet and the seats
right at the back - due to a neighbour's hedge, visibility (particularly
checking for pedestrians) is much better if I reverse out! However for my
everyday car, I always reverse in.

SteveW