Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Steven is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Roger Mills presented the following explanation :
I have heard it claimed (here, I think) that you are breaking the law if
you drive over a footpath which *doesn't* have a dropped kerb. Don't know
whether it's true - but it would be worth checking.

--

That is true as is parking part on a kerb, but both laws are widely
ignored.

I remember a traffic cop going up a street I used to live at and putting
tickets on cars that had parked facing the wrong way. i.e. they had to cross
the opposite lane of traffic to drive off!! I guess they were really bored
that day and looking for something to do.

Steven.