Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...
Lee wrote:
I am getting a bit fed-up with the 15/32...13/64... and the rest of the
crap measurements we use here. Why shouldn't I go to what the rest of the
world uses? Metric. Please no political BS. Seems like using 10's is a
lot easier.No I'm not too old to change (62).G

Liquid measurements, as well.

I'd much rather deal with (milli)litres, rather than fractions of ounces,
when mixing finishes.

You deal with WHAT???? Barry - we've got to talk...

Go to the automotive paint supply store and get yourself a set of paint
sticks. They will be calibrated on both sides for different ratios of mix.
Two sticks should cover all you will ever need. Need a 4:1:1 mix? Forget
about ounces. Pour the components in to the measurements on the sticks.
Wipe 'em off with solvent and put them away for the next job. It should not
take you any longer to pour mixtures to the proper ratios than to simply
pour the component parts. You're doing way too much math.

--

-Mike-