Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Answer: Removing metal splinters...

pyotr filipivich wrote:
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:22:50
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:25:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Ooh, supermagnet as splinter removal tool? Good show. I'll have to
remember that! The teensy metal splinters are the worst type.

Doesnt work worth a damn though on those nasty festering little brass
splinters, the kind I get most often working on CNC equipment.

Dial calipers. They already have a set of "rigid" flat mating
surfaces, and are usually handy. I know they work on Al slivers. (The
trick is finding the blasted sliver...

You can also revert to childhood... Sometimes pouring a little Elmers
glue over the area, then waiting for it to dry and peeling it off will
take that splinter right out!

Stuart