Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"Lou Newell" wrote in message
Main problem with Al's film is the title .. S/B "an Incomplete Truth"

The title is correct, An Inconvenient Truth. Inconvenient that the Truth is
not covered by the film.
20-25 years ago the political swing was that we were headed into the next
Ice Age. Now that all this change has come into effect the earth is
starting to warm. LOL. I was reading that one of the reasons that
hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger is because we are
cleaning up the upper atmosphere. With less of what ever the spray cans
were releasing the atmosphere is clearer and the sun heats the oceans up
more. The cure is killing us.
Today I heard that the storms 40-50 years ago were just as strong. I
agree, I went through a hurricane when I was 15 and thought I would be
killed. The official winds were recorded at less than 140 mph. Local wind
meters had sustained winds of over 160 mph. More thorough record keeping
makes storms seem stronger now. The storm I went through has recorded wind
speed at 12 noon and 6 that evening. The highest winds were between 3 and 4
pm. Another inconvenient truth.