Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"Swingman" wrote in message
"dpb" wrote in message

On ours, notification within two days of loss limits liability of loss
to $50. Only after 60 days does it become unlimited.

Whether that is part of revised law or simply a particular card-issuer
policy, I couldn't say, but it was something I checked carefully before
taking it.

Federal law is your above, plus ... providing notification is made
_before_
the debit card is fraudulently used, there is zero liability.

My youngest daughter has a real DEBIT card issued by a bank and tied to
Visa's international network, but with no bank account that backs up the
card.

It is funded solely by my funds transfers, which can be made with a
credit/debit card, online or by phone, and which are real time
INSTANTANEOUS
(when she was in Europe I was able to keep her funded to _my_ comfort
level,
instantaneously, and without her having to carry more cash than necessary
on
her person ... same when attending an urban cesspool high school, or doing
any traveling)

She has had it since jr high, and she's now a senior in college.

She momentarily lost it last semester, called me within a few minutes of
realizing the loss, and I logged on and "suspended" the card within
minutes
of her losing it ... I could have done the same by phone.

I also notified the issuing bank on their 24 hour service just to be safe
... their response was that their records indicated it was "suspended" and
could not be used, but thanks for the call anyway.

It was found and returned to her the next morning ...it took all of 30
seconds for me to logon and "unsuspend" the card, no further calls were
necessary.

It has proven to be one of the handiest, most convenient, safest ways of
insuring that she always has funds for whatever arises, from text books to
emergency cash, 24/7, no matter what country she's in, and as long as she
can get to a Visa merchant/ATM ... they're indeed everywhere.

For the better part of nine years it has been a source of convenience and
monetary peace of mind for me on her behalf ... I would NOT want her to
"leave home without it".

Damn, that sounds good.

Any chance that you adopt me and give me one of these loving father debit
cards?

silly grin