Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Simple.

If you use a debit card is used, payment is instantenous.

If something goes wrong, you are on your own.

You're a bit behind times, Lew ... there are Federal laws now in effect
protecting the consumer for debit transactions.

If the debit card is stolen and they drain your account, it's your
problem.

Only if you wait 60 days after the fact before reporting a "problem" ... a
highly unlikely circumstance for one, like me, who does all his banking
online and checks balances daily, or more often.

As I said, just another way for the credit card company to screw you.

In my case, it not a credit card company that issued my bank check card,
it's my bank.

Repayment takes the same amount of time as if someone had
stolen/fraudulently cashed a check ...with the same proviso that they are
notified in a timely manner.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07