Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] jpolaski@rgs.uci.edu is offline

Default Bought a swaging machine - what can I do with it ???

On Oct 12, 2:01 pm, TMN wrote:
Hi All

Found a hand operated swaging machine in the skip at the scrap yard
and bought it scrap value - I didn't know what it was when I bought
it, but apart from a little rust it is still fully functional and I
just could not resist it.

It looks like this one http://www.maneklalexports.com/Engli...c.htm#Universa...
but mine Has a Jorg makers plate on it. "Seaming machine" was written
on it with permanent maker.

It only has the set of rolls that are on it - a lipped and recessed
pair like the first swaging roll set at the link above.

What can I use it for ???? Any info for using it would be appreciated.

Tim

I think auto-body guys use those to put edges on on sheet metal. I'm
sure someone on this group knows more, but if not, you might try an
auto or sheet metal fabrication list.