Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

On 12 Oct, 21:08, "cerberus" wrote:

As far as I see it, they'll refuse any planning application because it is in
breach of the Highway Code to reverse onto a highway and as such could be
construed to be a breach of the Road Traffic Act.

Shouldn't "they" also then be banning the sale of cars which can
exceed the speed limit, or bags of self raising flour which could be
used to assault people?

If reversing onto the road is a problem, just reverse off it. Problem
solved. This sounds like an excuse for stopping people turning their
front gardens into car parks. Mind you, I have some sympathy with that
aim.

Ian